Spindlestone Heughs defended settlement (Easington (Northumberland)) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(1) Ordnance Survey Map 25 inch 1966
(2) History of the Berwickshire Naturalist Club 25 pt 2 1924. 197-8 plan
(3) Jobey, G., 1965. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 43, 63 no.108.
(4) Field Investigators Comments F1 WDJ 24-JAN-1964
(5) Field Investigators Comments F2 DS 13-NOV-1968
(6) English Heritage Schedule Entry DNH (IAM) AMs England SM24624 01-Aug-1996
(7) This record includes National Record of the Historic Environment Information provided by Historic England on 4 January 2021 licensed under the Open Government Licence [http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/]
(7a) Hogg, A.H.A., 1979. British Hillforts: an index 62, 126
(7b) English Heritage, 1995. County list of Scheduled Monuments: March 1994, Northumberland, 20