Earthwork remains of a Romano-British enclosed settlement (Alwinton) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
1) DOE (IAM) Rec Form Oct 1977
(1a) Bowden, M., MacKay, D. and Topping, P. 1989. From Cornwall to Caithness, British Archaeological Reports 209 (Oxford), 156
(2) Charlton, D B and Day, J C, 1977. An Archaeological Survey of the Ministry of Defence Training Area, Otterburn, Northumberland. Unpublished (6 No 3 plan 2)
(3) Scheduled Monument Notification 25-Aug-1994
(4) Bowden, M, Mackay, D and Topping, P, 1989. From Cornwall to Caithness. BAR-BS 209 (Oxford) (156)
(5) Charlton, B, Fifty Centuries of Peace and War, 1996, p17