Iron Age or Roman period settlement (Easington (Northumberland)) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(1) Ordnance Survey Map OS 6 inch 1925
(2) MacLauchlan, H., 1864. Memoir written during a survey of the eastern branch of the Watling street. (37, Sheet 3, Scale 1/6336)
(3) Jobey, G., 1955. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle (5th Series) 1, 350-1.
(4) Jobey, G., 1965. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 43, 63 no.109.
(5) Field Investigators Comments F1 WDJ 27-JAN-1964
(6) Field Investigators Comments F2 BHP 07-NOV-1968
(7) This record includes National Record of the Historic Environment Information provided by Historic England on 4 January 2021 licensed under the Open Government Licence [http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/]
(7a) Hogg, A.H.A., 1979. British Hillforts: an index 62, 126