Chillingham Castle (Tillside) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(1) Ordnance Survey Map OS 6 inch 1926
(2) St Joseph, J.K., 1950. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 28, 15-16.
(3) Hunter Blair, C.H., 1938. History of the Berwickshire Naturalists Club 30 (Part 1), 15, 43-9.
(4) Dodds, M.H., 1935. A History of Northumberland, Volume 14 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 340-6.
(5) Field Investigators Comments F1 ASP 30-NOV-1955
(6) Field Investigators Comments F2 DS 23-APR-1969
(7) List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest DOE (HHR) Borough of Berwick upon-Tweed, Northum, Jan 1985, 20-22
(7a) Dodds, M.H., 1935. A History of Northumberland, vol 14 (Newcastle upon Tyne)
(7b) Archaeologia Aeliana new series 14 1891
(7c) Country Life 33
(7d) Country Life 121
(8) This record includes National Record of the Historic Environment Information provided by Historic England on 4 January 2021 licensed under the Open Government Licence [http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/]
(8a) English Heritage, 1985. Register of parks and gardens of special historic interest in England, Northumberland Part 31
(8b) Cathcart King, D. J., 1983. Castellarium anglicanum: an index and bibliography of the castles in England, Wales and the Islands. Volume II: Norfolk-Yorkshire and the islands, 330
(8c) Dodds, J. F., 1999. Bastions and Belligerents: Medieval Strongholds in Northumberland, 101-4