Chew Green (Alwinton) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(1) Richmond, I.A. and Keeney, G.S., 1937. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 14, 129-50.
(2) Dodds, M.H., 1940. A History of Northumberland, vol.14 (Newcastle upon Tyne), 69-70, 75-6, 116, 118, 122, 124, 126, 128.
(3) Welfare, H. and Swan, V., 1995. Roman Camps in England: The Field Archaeology (London), 85-90.
(4) Frere, S.S. and St Joseph, J.K.S. 1983. Roman Britain from the Air (London), 140-2.
(5) Further information about the protected nature of this monument can be found here.