Featherwood East Roman camp (Alwinton) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
1) Aerial photograph RAF 106 G/UK 628/3092-3/4060-1
2) Dodds, M H (editor), 1940. A history of Northumberland, volume fifteen : the parish of Simonburn, the parish of Rothbury, the parish of Alwinton, vol 15 (Newcastle upon Tyne) (118, 124, 126 plan (1:2400) on p129) (I A Richmond)
3) St Joseph, J K, 1933-4. Roman camps near Rochester from the air, in Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle 4th series, volume 6, p242-3
4) Field Investigators Comments F1 ASP 21-AUG-1956
5) Field Investigators Comments F2 FDC 04-SEP-1956
6) Ordnance Survey Map OS 6 inch 1957
7) Field Investigators Comments F3 BHP 04-MAY-1970
8) Scheduled Monument Notification 15-Feb-1993
9) Oral information, correspondence or staff comments, H Welfare, RCHME (Newcastle), 19-Aug-1991
10) Welfare, H. and Swan, V., 1995. Roman Camps in England: The Field Archaeology (London), 97-8.
11) Gates, T, 1997. Air photography and the Archaeology of the Otterburn Training Area. Unpublished
12) This record includes National Record of the Historic Environment Information provided by Historic England on 4 January 2021 licensed under the Open Government Licence [http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/version/3/]
12a) Humphrey Welfare and Vivien Swan/1994/RCHME: Roman Camps in England Project
12b) County list of Scheduled Monuments : March 1994, English Heritage 1995 p4