Gallow Law Iron Age defended settlement (Alwinton) - Source of Reference
The information on this website is based on a range of published and unpublished works. Below is a list of the source of information used in writing this record.
(1) Ordnance Survey Map OS 6 inch 1925
(2) Hogg, A.H.A. 1946-50. Proceedings of the Society of Antiquaries of Newcastle (4th Series) 11, 165
(3) Dodds, M.H. 1940. A History of Northumberland, vol.15 (Newcastle upon Tyne)
(4) Dixon, D.D., 1903. Upper Coquetdale (Newcastle upon Tyne)
(5) Field Investigators Comments F1 ASP 07-MAY-1957
(6) Jobey, G. 1965. Archaeologia Aeliana (4th Series) 43, 63, no.87
(7) Field Investigators Comments F2 RWE 03-JUL-1970
(8) Field Investigators Comments F3 ISS 18-MAY-1976
(9) DNH (IAM) AMs England SM25012 24-Mar-1994
(10) Bowden, M., Mackay, D. and Topping, P., 1989. From Cornwall to Caithness. BAR-BS 209 (Oxford), 156.